01. RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Fukuoka’s unique geographic location and size allows you to go surfing to the beach, or hiking in the mountains from central Fukuoka in less than 30 minutes. Year-round activities are always available, and seasonal experiences will complement your trip!
• Surfing & Standup Paddle Boarding
• Hiking at nearby mountains
• Hot Springs & Hot Rock Sauna
• Strawberry Farm Picking
• Bamboo Shoot Digging
• Visiting/Working at local Farm
• Bicycle track tours
• Zen Meditation at local temple
02. SOCIAL EVENTS
Many Japanese students and volunteers join our weekly adventures. It’s a great opportunity to make friends with locals and also practice your language skills!
• Language Exchange with Japanese students
• Karaoke Nights
• Cooking Parties
• Japanese Pub Experience: Izakaya
• Playing Games at our School
• Tours conducted by local college students
03. GOURMET ADVENTURES
Fukuoka is not only the world's Ramen Capital, but also well known for several other typical dishes. It is considered the most important culinary city in Japan, as many signature dishes where created here!
• Ramen Yatai with locals
• Yakitori (Grilled Chicken Skewers)
• Hitokuchi Gyoza (Mini Gyoza)
• Fresh Sushi
• Karashi Mentaiko (Spicy Cod Roe)
• Udon (Japanese Wheat Noodles)
• Hakata Tōrimon (Kyushu’s Most Famous Cookie!)
04. EXPLORE KYUSHU
We offer one-day trips and also weekend trips to places further away. If the timing is right, you can visit local festivals with us, too!
• Ainoshima (Cat Island!)
• Mount Aso
• Henna Hoteru (Robot Hotel!)
• Huis Ten Bosch Theme Park
• And Many More!